So here we are, at the end of another year. I’ve seen a lot of comments along the lines of “can’t for 2011 to be over” or “2012 can’t get here soon enough.” Because, with the start of a new year comes hope. Hope that things will go as you plan, that something exciting will happen, that your career will take a giant leap forward or that you’ll meet that special someone. So this was me, one year ago on New Year’s Eve:Wearing my beloved Lanvin x H&M. I don’t have anything that special to wear this year unfortunately. Anyhow, a brief recap of some changes 2011 brought for moi:
1) My hair is longer and bangs have grown out now, though I’ve been contemplating if the bangs should return so any thoughts on that are welcome :).
2) Took steps to continue developing my photography portfolio and have now shot at not only New York Fashion Week, but Paris Fashion Week as well.
3) Which of course brings me to the biggest change, taking the leap and making the move to Paris.
4) Actually maintained a decent fitness routine doing yoga and Zumba. This halted a bit when I moved to Paris because I belonged to a gym in New York and now I don’t, but I’ve at least picked up the yoga again.
5) Managed to save instead of moving along with big spender ways. I will mention here that, in fact, I was voted “biggest spender” by my senior class in high school. Ugh, that sounds awful doesn’t it? Things change I suppose when you decide what’s really important to you.
Anyhow, these are just a few things that happened this year for me. A few things I can already look forward to in 2012:
1) My parents visiting Paris in March! Quite exciting after missing my first Christmas with my family in, well…ever.
2) One of my very dearest friends is getting married! Also very exciting, and even more so because she’s having two! I will likely only make it to wedding #2, but that’s in India so I think that’s a win.
I think overall 2011 brought a lot of good things to me and I’m really looking forward to whatever’s in store for me in 2012…um, good things I hope 🙂 Vogue, I’m looking at you.
Wishing you all a very happy start to the new year!